Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day

My brother told me through IM that he spent the entire week trying to recover files from his broken home PC. Last year, one of my best friends had his Dell laptop smoked up. The internal drive was about 30gig. By mounting the internal harddirve on an 3.5 external sleeve, I helped to recover about half of drive's content. Among the lost data were study materials he had used while getting half a dozen IT professional certificates. I do not want the same disaster to happen. Monday was a company holiday designated to celebrate the birthday of George Washington and Abroham Lincoln. I rushed to Best Buy and bought a 3.4' WD external disk. Back home, I backup up from 3 family computers all important files -- family photos, my daughter's home works, my study material, tax returns. My brother told me I over paid. He could grab a better price from the internet. I simply rather spend the time creating this blog. 20 dollars of saving is not worh the extral time and handling.

Look, how nicely this WD backup agent is working now:

No comments: